January 13, 2014

Sen. Mike Waugh Announces Resignation From Senate To Become Farm Show Director

Sen. Mike Waugh (R-York) announced Monday he has resigned his position in the Senate to accept a position at the Department of Agriculture. Other reports have him becoming the Director of the PA Farm Show.
“I have notified Senate President Pro Tempore Joe Scarnati of my resignation from the Senate, effective on January 12 at noon,” Sen. Waugh said. “I did so with both a bitter and a sweet feeling. It has been a distinct honor to represent the residents of York County in the General Assembly. I will always remember and cherish the trust they put in me for the past two decades.
“The position which I’ve been offered, and which I’m accepting, is one that I’ve considered for the better part of a year. I look forward to the challenges it will bring, and I’m excited to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania in this new capacity.”
Sen. Waugh was first elected to the Senate in 1998. He was a key member of the Senate Republican leadership, serving as Caucus Chairman. Previously, he served in the House of Representatives for six years. Prior to being elected to the General Assembly, he served as a Township Supervisor in Shrewsbury Township, York County.
Born in York, Waugh graduated from Chambersburg Area Senior High School and attended the Pennsylvania State University, York campus. He married his high school sweetheart, Wanda. They have one son, Joseph, and a granddaughter, Camdyn.