January 24, 2012

Sen. Pippy Will Not Seek Re-Election

Sen. John Pippy (R-Allegheny) announced Tuesday he will not seek re-election this year.   Sen. Pippy serves as Majority Chair of the Senate Law and Justice Committee which deals with liquor control issues.
            "I am announcing today that I will not seek re-election to the Senate of Pennsylvania in 2012. Since 1997, I have had the pleasure of serving and working alongside the constituents of the 37th Senatorial District and 44th Legislative District. Over the years, I have met many wonderful and dedicated people in the public and private sectors, and am grateful for the support and encouragement of so many. It has been truly an honor and privilege to serve the people of Pennsylvania and I will be forever grateful for that opportunity."