May 21, 2012

Sen. Orie Announces Resignation

Sen. Jane Orie (R-Allegheny) issued this statement today: "It is with utmost humility and regret that I must announce my resignation as Senator, representing the 40th Senatorial District, effective May 21, 2012.  It has been my honor to have served the constituents of Northern Allegheny County and Southern Butler County for the past 11 years in the Senate of Pennsylvania.   For those of you who have reached out to my office over the years, thank you for being involved in the legislative process and for voicing your opinion.  Also, I am grateful for all the support I have received over the years and for the opportunity to represent the 40th Senatorial District and the wonderful people and communities that make it one of the best places to live."